Ladies Christmas Cookie Exchange
Tis the season! All LBC ladies (over 13) are invited to a Christmas Cookie Exchange on December 7th at 7pm in the Liberty Baptist Church fellowship hall. Please bring two dozen cookies to share and two containers. Be sure you invite a fellow lady to come with you! You will go home with a container full of assorted cookies for your home and one to give away!
We will also use this as an opportunity to pray over and shower Dewayne and Katie Houser as they are expecting a baby boy. You can access their registry here. The Houser’s are serving abroad and will have their family deliver gifts to them during the Christmas season. They are so appreciative of their church family and our support of their work overseas! If you are unable to attend the Christmas Cookie Exchange, there will be a box in the foyer on December 2nd and December 9th to collect cash gifts. This will be used to purchase some of their most wanted items.
Here are some ideas:
- The nature of their location does not give the Houser’s access to certain amenities and resources. Many of the things they have asked for are truly for the sake of practicality. Some are more expensive but will serve them so well. We encourage community groups to team up and get larger items on their “Most Wanted” list.
- There are several multiples on the registry. This is because they won’t be able to walk down to Target and replace anything. Once that baby throws a pacifier in the toilet it is gone!
- Many of these items may need to be shipped from other vendors, so be sure you allow enough time for them to reach you.
- Please DO NOT wrap the gifts. They will all be put in a suitcase and transported on international flights… trust us it is not worth it.
- There is an option on the registry to simply give a monetary gift. This will go towards things like a stroller and car seat Katie can purchase herself abroad.
- Include an encouraging note and tape it to your gift!
If you have any questions or difficulty with the registry, contact Katie Lisle at (540)632-3259 or firstname.lastname@example.org